Specialty Medical Coding Certification£0
About this course
Specialty Medical Coding Certification
Designed for experienced coders, the specialty credentials enable coders to demonstrate superior levels of expertise in their respective specialty disciplines. These specialty credentials are stand-alone certifications . They allow coders to validate their knowledge in a specialty with unique coding, reimbursement and compliance challenges. Specialty exams aptly measure preparedness for “real-world” coding by being operative/patient-note based. In addition to questions regarding the correct application of ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II and modifier coding assignments, examinees will also be tested on specialty-specific coding and regulations.
- Specialized sections in ICD-10CM, CPT and HCPCS for various specialities like gastroenterology, ophthalmology, Cardiology, orthopedics , dermatology , Internal medicine, General surgery etc
- Assignment of Modifiers for correct payment policies.
- Evaluation and management (both the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines)
- Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including (but not limited to) incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by ophthalmologists such as thoracentesis, laceration repair, fracture care, foreign body removal, etc.
- Coding of moderate sedation
- Time-based coding
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
Any degree in life science or medically related subjects or 2 years of experience in medical coding in hospitals.